Vacancy Back-end developer Learned
14-10-2022 – Utrecht
Are you a medior IT professional who is looking for the next step in your career? Would you love to work with the latest technologies and in a startup environment? This is a unique opportunity to join a technical team in a rapidly growing HR Tech startup.
What we do
Learned develops an innovative Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that enables companies to create a modern conversation cycle. In the last 12 months we have scaled up to more than 150+ companies in Western Europe and we are well on our way to close our Series A investment round. Because what turns out? Conducting modern development conversations is extremely important in the rapidly changing times in which we live, especially with everyone working remotely.Therefore, It is our mission to help companies optimally develop and engage their employees by conducting modern development talks.
Where you will work
Learned is a fast growing and young organization that wants to innovate the traditional HR market. We have started our adventure in 2018 and have since then grown our team with ambitious international professionals from all over the world. In addition, to working hard we think fun is just as important. We have lunch together every day at the office, we organize drinks on Friday afternoon and we do a fun team activity every other month.
What are you going to do?
As a back-end developer, you will join the tech team with 6 Senior developers. The team has an informal and flat structure and all team members are full stack. The team works together on all projects and has a 2-week sprint planning and delivery cycle. Together with the team you will be responsible for optimizing and improving the Learned code base that consists of a React front-end and Node.js back-end, which is hosted on the Google Cloud Platform. In addition, you will work on expanding our integrations with HRIS and learning providers.
Your average work week looks like this:
- Working on tickets to develop new functionalities, that have been requested by our customers, for the web application (40% of your time).
- Optimizing the current code base to prepare the platform for an increase in user count. (25% of your time).
- Extending our public API to increase the number of partnerships with HR systems and e-learning providers (30% of your time).
- Participating in daily standups, retrospective meetings and sprint plannings (5% of your time).
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience in the technology industry, or related field.
- At least 4 years experience working with back-end (Node.js/Express.js).
- At least 3 years experience working with MongoDB.
- Hands-on experience with TypeScript (ES2020+), OOP.
- Write clean code, follow SOLID, DRY, KISS principles.
- Be able to build API from documentation (integrations with third party services). Be able to design, implement, update and maintain APIs (REST/SOAP).
- Experience with RabbitMQ or Redis and GCP is appreciated.
- A startup mindset and interested to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Living in the Netherlands, preferably close to Utrecht or willing to relocate.
What do we offer?
- Contract: 12 months (32 – 40 hours per week). A permanent contract upon renewal.
- Wages: A good salary of €4,500 – €6,000 (based on 40 hours) depending on your experience.
- Working from home: Option to work partly from home;
- Working remotely: In addition, work abroad for up to 6 weeks per year;
- Holidays: 25 per year;
- Laptop: Macbook Pro;
- Pension plan: 10% pension scheme of which we contribute 50%.
- Travel allowance;
- Working atmosphere: Every day a company lunch, Friday afternoon drinks and fun team outings.
- Development: Training budget of € 1,000 per year for following training courses and courses and of course a lot of attention for your personal development through frequent modern development conversations 😉
Contact Rick Kuijf via 0623184235 or email@example.com
Acquisition related to this vacancy is not appreciated. Really no need to call;)